Sublime Text is a cross-platform text and source code editor, with a Python API. Its functionality is also extendable with sublime-packages; it is not open source software nor free software, but some of the extending packages have free-software licenses and are community-built and maintained. The user interface is pretty reminiscent of vim.
Linux Kernel 3.9.3 has been released bringing more updates and bug fixes. As usual, we will see how to install it under Ubuntu/Linux Mint using a simple a bash script, but if you want to install it manually, go here.
I don’t prefer my laptop to switch to suspend state when my laptop lid is closed. So I found an easy way to disable suspend when lid is close.
Linux Kernel 3.9.2 this is the second release of the Linux Kernel 3.9 and here are some changes in this latest release taken from the changelog of Linux 3.9.2:
- drm/gma500: fix backlight hotkeys behaviour on netbooks
- PCI: Delay final fixups until resources are assigned
- Btrfs: fix extent logging with O_DIRECT into prealloc
- NFSv4.x: Fix handling of partially delegated locks
- drm/radeon: fix handling of v6 power tables
- drm/i915: Fixup Oops in the pipe config computation
- RDMA/cxgb4: Fix SQ allocation when on-chip SQ is disabled
- perf/x86/intel: Fix unintended variable name reuse
Linux Kernel 3.9.2 Installation
To install this new kernel in Ubuntu/Linux Mint, open the terminal and enter these commands:
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47950494/upubuntu.com/kernel-3.9.2 -O kernel-3.9.2
chmod +x kernel-3.9.2
sudo sh kernel-3.9.2
Linux Kernel 3.9.1 brings various bug fixes and improvements.